WiredScore is the pioneer behind the internationally-acclaimed Wired Certification standard, which evaluates and distinguishes best-in-class Internet connectivity in commercial buildings. Trusted by tenants the world over, the Wired Certification seal signifies that buildings have been independently evaluated and guaranteed to provide Internet infrastructure that today’s businesses require to thrive.
Each of Bulfinch’s six Wired Certified buildings include the presence of highly advanced technological infrastructure, earning them the Wired Certified Gold designation. This certification was given based on each building providing tenants with multiple fiber providers, multiple points of entry for cabling (with room for growth), easily accessible fiber cabling throughout the whole building, protected and secure dedicated telecom closets to minimize interruptions, and a streamlined legal contracting process with carriers.
Representing a collection of Class-A office buildings, Bulfinch’s six Wired Certified designated properties include:
- Atlantic Charter Building, an Energy Star certified, 110,000-square-foot office building located at 25 New Chardon Street in Boston, MA;
- Trapelo Corporate Center, a LEED Gold Core & Shell and LEED Platinum Interior certified, 61,000 sf office building located at 1560 Trapelo Road in Waltham, MA;
- First Needham Place, a LEED Silver and Energy Star certified, 72,000-square-foot office building located at 250 First Avenue, Needham, MA;
- Hillsite Office Building, a 111,000-square-foot office building located at 75 Second Avenue, Needham, MA;
- Newton Corporate Center, a 41,000-square-foot lab and office building at 320 Needham Street in Newton, MA;
- Cutler Lake Corporate Center, an Energy Star certified, 213,000-square-foot lab and office building located at 117 Kendrick Street, Needham, MA.
“Reliable, connected building infrastructure is an imperative for any modern business in search of new office space,” said Arie Barendrect, CEO and founder of WiredScore. “By extending excellently planned, high-speed internet capable buildings across its portfolio in the Boston area, Bulfinch’s properties are prepared to meet the demands of the area’s thriving economy, and in particular its growing tech community.”
In pursuing Wired Certification, each building was subjected to a scrupulous certification process conducted by a team of leading technicians. Upon completion of an intensive on-site audit that evaluates a building’s number of available internet service providers, infrastructure redundancy, connection access points, and readiness to improve connectivity, a Wired Certification level is assigned based on the official standards developed by WiredScore and its advisory committee.
“Bulfinch is proud to deliver technologically advanced space throughout its portfolio, We expect half of the portfolio to be LEED certified or Energy Star rated over the next few quarters.” said Eric Schlager, CEO of Bulfinch. “Possessing an abundance of LEED and Energy Star certifications at multiple properties demonstrates the lengths we go to invest in the highest quality of well-being for our tenants – the Wired Certification seal signifies our understanding that connectivity is an essential in today’s workplace and a demand of today’s tenants.”